- Different organ work together form an organ system.
- The human body has eleven different organ system, namely the
- Circulatory System
- Digestive System
- Reproductive System
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System
- Respiratory System
- Muscular System
- Skeletal System
- Excretory System
- Lymphatic System (Immune System)
- Integumentary System
Circulatory SystemOrgan: Heart, Blood Vessel
Function: Transport nutrients, gases and wastes to and from cells, helps fight diseases and helps stabilize body temperature and pH to maintain homeostasis.
Digestive SystemOrgan: Mouth, Oesophagus, Stomach, Duodenum, Small Intestine, Large Intestine
Function: Breaks down food in the body, into a form that can be absorbed.
Reproductive SystemOrgan: Males: Testes, penis; Females: Ovaries, uterus, vagina
Function: Reproduce offspring.
Endocrine SystemOrgan: Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenal gland, Pancreas, Ovary (female only), testis (male only)
Function: Secrets hormone. Hormones are chemical that play a role in regulating metabolism, growth, development and puberty, and also plays a part in determining mood.
Nervous SystemOrgan: Brain, Spinal Cord, Peripheral Nerves, Sense Organs
Function: Conduct impulses the the body, spinal cord and brain.
Respiratory SystemOrgan: Nose, Trachea, Lungs
Function: Allow gas exchange.
Muscular SystemOrgan: Muscle
- Initiates heart beat.
- Working with the skeletal system in movement and locomotion.
Skeletal SystemOrgan: Bones, Tendons, Ligaments, Cartilage
- Supports the body.
- Protects the internal organ.
- Make red and white blood cells.
- Plays important role in movement.
Excretory SystemOrgan: Kidneys, Skin, Lung
Function: Eliminates the waste products of metabolism.
Lymphatic System (Immune System)Organ: Lymphatic Nodes, Lymphatic Vessels, Spleen, Thymus Galnd
- Remove the interstitial fluid from tissues.
- Absorbs and transports fatty acids and fats to the circulatory system.
- Produces immune cells.
(Images by BruceBlaus shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.)
Integumentary SystemOrgan: Skin
Function: Protects the body from damage,