- Different organ work together form an organ system.
- The human body has eleven different organ system, namely the
- Circulatory System
- Digestive System
- Reproductive System
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System
- Respiratory System
- Muscular System
- Skeletal System
- Excretory System
- Lymphatic System (Immune System)
- Integumentary System
Heart, Blood VesselFunction
Transport nutrients, gases and wastes to and from cells, helps fight diseases and helps stabilize body temperature and pH to maintain homeostasis.
Digestive System Organ
Mouth, Oesophagus, Stomach, Duodenum, Small Intestine, Large IntestineFunction
Breaks down food in the body, into a form that can be absorbed.
: Testes, penis; Females
: Ovaries, uterus, vaginaFunction
Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenal gland, Pancreas, Ovary (female only), testis (male only)Function
Secrets hormone. Hormones are chemical that play a role in regulating metabolism, growth, development and puberty, and also plays a part in determining mood.
Brain, Spinal Cord, Peripheral Nerves, Sense OrgansFunction
Conduct impulses the the body, spinal cord and brain.
Nose, Trachea, LungsFunction
Allow gas exchange.
- Initiates heart beat.
- Working with the skeletal system in movement and locomotion.
Bones, Tendons, Ligaments, CartilageFunction
- Supports the body.
- Protects the internal organ.
- Make red and white blood cells.
- Plays important role in movement.
Kidneys, Skin, LungFunction
Eliminates the waste products of metabolism.
Lymphatic System (Immune System)Organ
Lymphatic Nodes, Lymphatic Vessels, Spleen, Thymus GalndFunction
- Remove the interstitial fluid from tissues.
- Absorbs and transports fatty acids and fats to the circulatory system.
- Produces immune cells.
Protects the body from damage,