Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- The elements found in the cell include
- The chemical compounds in the cell can be classified into two groups,
- organic: compounds which contain the element carbon and originate from living things. Example: carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids
- inorganic: compounds which do not originate from living things. Example: water and mineral salts.
- .Organic compounds are synthesised by the cells themselves whereas inorganic compounds are not synthesised by the cells themselves but are obtained from the external environment.