Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- Haemolymph is a fluid in the circulatory system of insects.
- As blood, haemolymph is the medium of transport that transport substances such as hormone and nutrient to the cells.
- For most insects, haemolymph is not used for oxygen transport because these animals respirate directly from their body surfaces to air.
- Unlike blood in human's circulatory system,the haemolymph does not flow in closed blood vessels.
- It is pumped out of the heart to fill the spaces between the body cells and then drawn back toward the heart through open-ended pores.